Non-ablative, thermal, negative-working (write-the-image) process free plate. No debris removal system required.
High quality, long-run plate for sheetfed, packaging, web and all UV print applications.
SONORA XTRA Plate for Newspapers: Newspaper and coldset web publication printing
800 – 850 nm
90 to 120 mJ/cm2 depending on platesetter. Provides maximum productivity on most platesetters.
1 to 99% @ 200 lpi
450 lpi possible. Dependent upon capability of imaging device.
Dependent upon imaging device capabilities, print applications and screening algorithms. For optimum FM performance, Kodak recommends KODAK STACCATO Screening on platesetters with KODAK SQUARESPOT Imaging Technology.
- Up to 400,000 impressions with web presses
- Up to 250,000 impressions with sheetfed presses
- Up to 100,000 impressions for offset packaging (non-UV ink)
- Up to 100,000 impressions for UV-ink applications
Dependent upon image resolution, press, press chemistry, ink and paper conditions.
The plate can be handled before and after imaging safely for:
- Up to 2 hours under white light
- Up to 16 hours under C20 - UV Cut
- Up to 48 hours under G-10 yellow light
- Safelight limits @ 400 Lux